Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What We're Jammin' Too

OPA Member David Dahlquist's playlist:

David wrote - "I rarely listen to the radio while in the studio, I plug my iPod into speakers and jam.

anything by Wilco

anything by Tom Waits

anything by White Stripes

"Garden Grove" by Sublime

"Creosote" by Son Volt

David went onto say:

"But, somewhat interesting, I like to use studio time to listen to new music, to get accustomed to something new.  It is how I got into Waits, Wilco, White Stripes, Beck, etc.  Years ago I was really into Cake.  I had a coffee mug which had these really nice cakes on it.   It was a one off.  Because Cake had inspired me so much in the studio, I sent the mug to their main songwriter and singer.  He mailed me a post card thanking me for it and explained why he liked it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment