Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Justice Center Windows
















The latest display in the Justice Center Windows features the work of seven OPA members. Windows chair, Denise Krueger met us on Sunday morning and despite the chilly damp weather the windows came to life with pottery. The variety of work on display is inspirational. From the whimsical sculptures of Nicole Gekov, the delicate work of new member Chayo, the industrial creations of Larry Nelson, figurative sculpture by Margaret Synan-Russell, raku by Michael Moullet II, nature inspired sculpture by Denise and my /naked Raku and Reduction work. How is it that we all work with the same materials but we create such diverse work? It always gets my creative juices flowing and inspires me to challenge myself when I return to work in my studio. This is such a great venue for OPA members, if you haven't taken advantage of it, you should. Make sure you contact Denise for the next OPA display. And if you're in the downtown area, make sure and stop by and see the display.

No comments:

Post a Comment