Sunday, February 12, 2012

13 Weeks and Counting - Continued

Best of Show 1996
Carol Lebreton
Carol writes about her passion for clay -

"I can trace my love for this material to a single event at age eleven; I touched a vein of soft yielding clay on the side of a freshly cut dirt road.  That early encounter evolved into a consuming passion which, enriched by a childhood lived in the tropics, continues to fuel and guide my creative expression.

My work is original in design.  It reflects a dynamic, yet simple style that seeks to balance the practical with the aesthetic and celebrates pattern, form, texture - even sound.  A quote by Arts & Crafts designer William Morris further informs my philosophy about working in clay: 'have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful'.  I find great satisfaction in creating a piece that is finely crafted, has enduring beauty, enough humor to spark a smile, and will last indefinitely when well-cared for."

No comments:

Post a Comment