Tuesday, April 6, 2010

^6 Oxidation Test Firing


I'm in the process of running the first of probably many test firings. I'm experimenting with five matt to semi-matt glazes in several combinations and layers with a controlled cool to see if I can get more depth out of a ^6 oxidation glaze. The kiln is now got a brain/controller and this is the first computer run test program. The kiln is one it's way down right now and should be ready to unload Wednesday evening. Results and photos to come and if I've achieved success, I'll post the glazes, recipes and firing schedule. Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Photos to follow but I've discovered several glazes that work together and now it is time to break out the spray gun and start layering the glazes for depth. I'm thinking it is time to start organizing an OPA member gathering focusing on a Show & Tell - any interest out there?

    ReplyDelete